TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The New One on Broadway is collecting videos through a Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram crowdsourcing campaign (“the Campaign”) to select one winner to perform on stage at The Cort Theatre.
Any “Participant(s),” meaning any person(s) who posts or participates in a video in relation to the Campaign, agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Participants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. The New One reserves the right to request any Participant to provide proof that they are eligible to participate in the Campaign.
How to enter
The Campaign will close at 10 p.m. EST on 1/1/19.
To enter, Participants must post a video from their personal account to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. The video must show the Participant reciting one of five monologues provided on TheNewOne.com. The video must be posted using the hashtag #BirbigsUnderstudy.
The Participants must ensure that every person captured in the video has consented to the video being posted on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram as part of the Campaign.
Selection of videos
Selected videos will be chosen by Mike Birbiglia and may be included on the social media channels of both Mike Birbiglia and The New One. The decision of Mike Birbiglia and the creative team members in relation to the selection of videos will be final.
Ownership of videos
All videos posted in connection with the Campaign will become the property of The New One on Broadway.
By posting a video, the Participant agrees to:
- assign all their intellectual property rights to The New One; and
- waive all moral rights, in and to the posted video and otherwise arising in connection with the video to which the participant may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, The New One on Broadway shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect and consequential loss) whatsoever (howsoever caused) suffered or sustained by any Participant in the Campaign.
Data protection and publicity
By posting a video the Participant agrees:
- to be contacted by The New One in relation to this Campaign;
- that any personal information provided by the Participant in relation to the Campaign may be used by The New One to administer the Campaign; and
- to grant The New One permission to use the video in any reasonable marketing activity related to The New One in all types of media including The New One’s social media channels.